We are standing behind the idea that food is fuel and brings harmony and balance to our bodies and lives. Finding peace in life is easier said than done. As a society, we like to pile on more tasks under the pretense of "productivity." Sitting down, taking a deep breath, and thanking the Earth for the meal we are eating is a great way to ground our minds and silence the inner to-do list while we eat a meal.
Why We Love Smoothie Bowls
I don't know if I can truly express all of the reasons why smoothie bowls are so yummy. I also love a good ole' fashion smoothie, but something about a thicker smoothie bowl feels more like an actual meal and not a snack that I eat on the run.
Smoothie bowls are:
- Nutrient Dense
- Naturally Sweet
- And Satisfying
I don't know if there is a smoothie bowl recipe that I don't love, but this one has worked its way into my heart. Not only because it is satisfying and delicious, but I am also noticing true stress relief on my body and my mind. It is excellent in the morning before I hit the grind and delicious in the evening instead of ice cream. I feel like the Ionic Magnesium is helping me fall asleep faster and fall into a deeper sleep.
Magnesium is needed for 300 biochemical reactions in the body and is arguably the most essential mineral for health. It supports energy production, restful sleep, metabolism, muscle function, heart health, cell & DNA function, and supports mood/peace of mind.
Each ingredient in this satisfying bowl helps to support a calm mind and body:
- Blueberries - When we're anxious and stressed, our bodies crave vitamin C to help repair and protect our cells, and blueberries are packed full of it.
- Banana - Eating potassium-rich foods may help reduce symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Almond milk - Almonds are chock-full of B vitamins, which may make you more resilient during bouts of stress or depression.
- Triquetra Health Ionic Magnesium - Magnesium is crucial for calming the brain and relaxing.
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 2-3 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of Triquetra Health Ionic Magnesium
- Blend all ingredients and enjoy!
- Optional: I recommend topping it with shredded coconut and organic granola 😋.