Healthy Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout cookies are a favorite in our house, and we stock up on them in the spring. I want to say that our stash lasts us the year, but that isn't the case. Once they are all gone, we usually have to wait until some sweet Girl Scout supplies us with the goods.
Samoas are a favorite in our house and usually are the first to be eaten. When I found out that I had to go gluten-free, this was one of the big things that I mourned, but this recipe answered my prayers! Even my gluten-eating husband and children love it!
This recipe also uses only five ingredients. You read that correctly - FIVE INGREDIENTS! It’s easy and delicious enough to keep Samosas on hand all year long. It is also gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free. I don't know if it could get any better than that! The cookies are also naturally sweetened with dates and elderberry syrup and packed with antioxidants and fiber. They are much healthier than the store-bought version.
The Hype With Elderberry
Our Elderberry Syrup not only sweetens the chocolate drizzle, but it is also full of antioxidants that protect the immune system, fight off viruses, and improve blood sugar naturally. When it comes to elderberry syrup - the proper gauge of strength is based on how much fresh elderberry goes into each serving. Our 625 mg serving is derived from 40,625 mg of fresh Organic Black Elderberries, surpassing any of our competitors. Our Elderberry syrup starts in Europe's native habitat, organically grown following the most rigid organic quality standards.
Elderberry contains high concentrations of immunostimulants, such as polyphenols and flavonoids, including Anthocyanins that boost overall immune function. The immune-boosting provides your body with a higher level of defense against illness and will speed up recovery.
Give your body the fiber and immune boost it needs and treat your sweet tooth to the craving it deserves. I can't wait to hear what you think of this recipe.
Healthy Girl Scout Samoas Cookies
(Adapted from dwellbymichelle.com)
Samoas Cookie Ingredients
- 1 cup pitted dates - soaked for 10 minutes to soften
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Chocolate Drizzle Ingredients
- ⅓ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- ¾ teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Triquetra Health Elderberry Syrup
How To Make No-Bake, Vegan Girl Scout Samoas Cookies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large non-stick pan, add the shredded coconut and toast on medium-low heat until the coconut is slightly golden.
- Add the toasted coconut, pitted dates, and salt into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture comes together and starts to form a ball.
- Take 1 tbsp of dough, roll it into a ball, and then flatten to make a round cookie. Use a small round cookie cutter or a large metal straw, poke a hole in the middle to create the Samoas shape.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and pop them into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds, stir, then repeat until the chocolate mixture is thoroughly melted. Mix in the elderberry syrup.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer and dip the bottom of the cookies in the chocolate. Place the cookie back on the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining chocolate mixture on top of the cookies.
- Freeze the cookies for an additional 10 minutes until chocolate hardens. Once set, remove cookies to enjoy or place them in an airtight container! These will stay fresh in the fridge for five days.